Friday, May 16, 2008

Is this sign for you?


Really important things to discuss today...

I don't know about you guys but I have been a HUGE fan of the term "cougar" since its arrival on the slang scene. So much so that my sibs and I have even shortened the word to "coug." However, I've recently found myself involved in a few debates over the actual definition (clearly these arguments take place after a few drinks). So, I visited my trusty website http://www.urbandictionary.com/ and it seems they are dealing with the same problem. They have 55 different entries!

Apparently it's much easier to SPOT a cougar than it is define one.

Here are the characteristics of a cougar by my definition...

1. Gender
Cougars always describe a woman in my book, never a man.

2. Age
I think, originally, I was arguing that a cougar is 40+ but I've now lowered the age to 35+. You never know though...when I turn 35, I may have to raise it to 40 again.

3. Attractiveness
A cougar can be ugly or very good-looking.

4. Appearance
Often, but not necessarily, cougars use hairspray, have long manicured nails, go tanning, wear a lot of gaudy jewelry, dress too young for their age and carry a fake designer handbag.

5. Location
Cougars are not limited to bars & clubs. I've spotted them in Starbucks and CVS.

6. Sexual interest
Cougars are usually on the prowl for younger men but there is no minimum or maximum age for their prey.

7. Marital status
They can be married, never married or divorced.

Hmmm...I thought it would be a lot harder to put it into words but I'm pretty happy with that definition. Maybe I'll add a 56th entry!

No comments: