Monday, October 6, 2008

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice and I'm sure I'll find someone else to blame.

Face it, we're all idiots once in awhile. Since it's Monday and I don't mind making fun of myself, I thought I would share with you some "Molly Moments" from the past few weeks.

Story #1

The other day I was driving behind a car with a Patriots license plate frame. We came upon a red light and because I have a tendency to use my DBS (delayed breaking system), I ended up stopping much too close to the car. I began to examine the license plate frame and became somewhat confused when I read the words "National Football League" in my head. It took about 5-7 seconds for me to realize that this was NFL. I guess when an acronym is used so commonly, I forget what the letters actually stand for.

Story #2

When watching the Red Sox play Tampa Bay in Florida, you can see an ad for neweracap.com behind home plate. I spent a few minutes reading this as "newer a cap" and wondering what that could mean. The company is New Era Cap, if you haven't figured it out yet.

Story #3

When Matt and I were watching a Red Sox game at a bar, the following picture came up on the TV screen.

I wasn't wearing my glasses at the time so I read this as "Kev Matchup" and I thought to myself, "Who is this Kev Matchup guy? I've never heard of him before." I realized about 20 seconds too late what it actually said. The best part? I fell for it a second time a few weeks later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget when you called tuna chicken.

Big G said...

You only have three of these stories over the course of "a few weeks?" Please...

memba when you thought Digital Underground said, "I'll even put the crakers on top of your licorice?!?"

Oh wait, that was one of my other siblings...

MJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MJ said...

Actually, Big G, I was thinking about making this a weekly post. I could call it "Molly Moment Monday."